Types of hosting services
A hosting service pertains to hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services used for different goals, so let's have a look at these. In that way, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to have a blog, emails, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by particular hosts, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage packages are often supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally incongruous explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would distribute the workload between separate packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different site hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share an immense number of images with buddies or colleagues since the service is typically free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your email box accounts. Some vendors offer web site hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email service. If you desire to open a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can open e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have a hard time with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to administer as many videos as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to keep a site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and mail accounts, upload video files, etc. At WorldBase, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular web content solely.